Make your own face serum at home for glowing skin!
Whenever you talk about skincare, you must have always heard about face serums. They are used individually or included in the day and night skincare routine. Serums are a type of moisturiser which are made with specific ingredients to cater to your skin type. They penetrate deep into the skin and keep it hydrated, tone it and give it a firmer look.
Many skincare specialists and dermatologists recommend the use of serums regularly to achieve the healthy glowing skin. Since the skincare society is gradually moving towards organic skincare products, we at SKINISH would like you to know that serums can also be made at home. Before getting to the process of making serums by yourself, it is good to have knowledge of the types of serums that are generally available in the market. There are three types of serums: Gel based serums, Cream based serums and Oil based serums. Hyaluronic Acid Serum is an example of gel based serum; Aurora Face Serum is an example of cream based serum and Kumkumadi Oil facial serum is an example of oil based serum.
Let us now take you through the process of making your own Rose Helichrysum Face serum at home. This serum supports skin healing to reduce and repair scarring. It is the easiest to make and can last upto a year.
For this, you will need:
- 2 tbsp jojoba oil or jojoba oil infused with rose petal
- 1 tbsp rosehip seed oil
- 1 tbsp baobab oil
- 3 drops helichrysum essential oil
- 3 drops Roman Chamomile essential oil
Follow the process below to make your own serum at home:
- Make the rose-infused oil using the following steps:
• Pick a good quality of oil for base- “carrier oil” which doesn’t have a strong smell and consist of good oxidative properties. In this case, the “carrier oil” is jojoba oil.
•Cut your dry herbs into very small pieces (make sure it is fully dried) and dip them in the oil base you have chosen. In this case, the dry herbs are rose petals.
•Choose an airtight container with a tight lid and place the container in a warm place and replace the dried herbs every 7 days to avoid any bacteria to grow.
•Shake well everyday upto 4-5 weeks.
•Strain and label the container with Name and date of the maceration.
- Combine ingredients in a 2-ounce glass bottle and shake to combine.
- Label, and store in a cool, dark place for up to 1 year.
- Use daily after your cleansing routine.
When you you use home-made serum everyday, it heals and repairs the scars, leaving your skin clear, glowing and healthy.